SYMPTOMS OF A DIRTY DRYER VENT
- Extended dry times (running your dryer for longer cycles to get the same results)
- Recent thermostat replacement (always clean as a precaution after dryer repair)
- New dryer that STILL doesn’t seem to dry right
- Excessive dust or lint around the dryer
- Lint piles noticed where the dryer vent exits the house
- Unusually hot in the laundry room when the dryer runs (blockage may be preventing the exhaust of hot air)
Dryer vent cleaning AND air duct cleaning are two things often overlooked until there is a problem. The first thing that typically happens when lint builds up in the dryer vent is dry times are extended. Most people either don’t realize or just think their dryer is getting old. If you continue to operate without cleaning, the next thing to go is typically the thermostat in the dryer. This repair alone typically far exceeds the cost of a professional dryer vent clean and we aren’t even considering the increased utility costs from running your towels through extended cycles to get them dry. Keep in mind, you don’t have to have a complete blockage for there to be a problem. In fact, I would say that is fairly rare. If your dryer isn’t on an exterior wall where it immediately exits the house, you NEED to have it professionally cleaned EVERY YEAR. It’s a major fire hazard, wastes electricity and prematurely wears your dryer components. I can’t tell you how many times we are called in AFTER a customer has purchased a new dryer only to find out the problem all along was the dryer vent. Don’t make the same mistake. CALL NOW 817-563-5326 or fill out the FREE online estimate form to the right and give as much detail as you can about your problem. We will thoroughly clean your dryer vent, the hose connecting your dryer to the wall and the back of the dryer. Plus, we will inspect your setup for other problems.
If you experience ANY of the above symptoms or if you have recently purchased an existing home, PLEASE CALL NOW to discuss. Advice is free. Not following it, could be costly.